Here at the LCFC Academy we recognise that a major factor in any success is in the quality of the recruitment policy. Our objectives as an Academy are:
• To develop a process aimed at identifying the very best talent both locally and within our permitted catchment area.
• To provide an environment for all Academy players in all age groups with the encouragement and support needed both on and off the pitch.
Talent identification and Scouting
Players are selected to enrol with the Academy following a successful trial period. Trials are offered through the following channels:
• Assessment by Academy scouts while playing at school, club, area or county level.
• Demonstrating potential whilst in attendance at one of our many Development Centres (age U7-U9)
• Recommendation by county officials and / or school teachers within the local area
• Following the recommendation of Leicester City Football Club in the Community coaches, based on the individual’s attendance on their coaching courses
For more information on our scouting network and development centres call Bill Wall: 0116 2228536
“The Leicester City Football Club Academy Recruitment ethos is committed in the identification of potential players, with a focus on local football talent, placed in a safe environment and developed by the best coaches with an outstanding support mechanism, providing the opportunities to fulfil their full potential.”
Academy Player Registration
All players between the ages of 9 and 11 must reside within one hour’s travelling time of the LCFC Academy. Prospective players aged Under 12 to Under 16 must live within one and a half hour’s travelling time of the Club.
During each individual players’ time with the Club, both the individuals and their parents will be required to comply with the Academy rules and regulations (see page 34 and 35). At the end of the specified trial period, the player and their parents will be informed as to whether their trial period has been successful. If unsuccessful, the player will be given a full appraisal by our coaches to advise of areas that could be improved to aid future development.
A player aged 9-16 years may sign with the Academy for one, two or four years dependant on age group and at the end of the time period the player will be informed whether the Club wish to retain or release him.
The LCFC Academy will operate in accordance with the EPPP regulations as set out by both the Government and The FA ensuring that all criteria are met across the entire registration and recruitment process.
To ensure that all regulations are met and adhered to, the Club also employs a designated Children’s Officer, who plays an integral role in regulating the work undertaken by everyone within the Academy structure and the entire Football Club.
The Children’s Officer’s role is to ensure that all members of staff working with and alongside children and young people are fully accredited through an FA endorsed Criminal Records Bureau check (CRB) and that ‘best practice’ is always at the core of everything that LCFC does.
The welfare of all participants within the Academy is paramount, whether attendees of the Development Centres, on trial at the Academy or fully active members of the current Academy set-up.