- James Maddison and Demarai Gray are among four players called up for England's Under-21s
- Academy stars Harvey Barnes and Hamza Choudhury have also been also named in the group
- Luke Thomas, a star of the Club's Academy side, will join England's Under-18s squad
- Earlier this week, Harry Maguire and Ben Chilwell received call-ups for England's seniors
England's youngsters will host Poland and Germany next week as they resume preparations for this summer’s UEFA Under-21 European Championship finals.
They tackle Poland at Ashton Gate in Bristol on Thursday 21 March before heading to AFC Bournemouth’s Vitality Stadium to face Germany the following Tuesday.
Barnes' maiden Under-21s call-up came at the end of last year.
Boothroyd told TheFA.com: “It’s an exciting time again, getting the boys back together to put in some preparation for the Euros and obviously two really good games this week against teams who could be our competitors in the summer.
“Both Poland and Germany will give us a really good test. Any team that qualifies for the U21 EURO Finals has to be respected, because it’s no mean feat getting there.
“You can see from the standard of the countries that are heading to Italy in June, they’re all top teams, so these will be difficult games.”
Thomas is an enterprising left-back who has stepped up to City's Under-23s this term.
Meanwhile, City's young left-back, Luke Thomas, has also been called up for action among England's Under-18s squad, who will face Japan, Czech Republic and Mexico in the UAE Sports Chain Cup.
The Young Lions first face Japan on Wednesday, before tackling Czech Republic on Friday, and they finish their representation in Dubai with Sunday's meeting with Mexico.
After impressing as the Club's Under-18s captain this term, Thomas has also made seven appearances for City's Development Squad this season.
- Share via Facebook
- Share via Twitter
- Share via Email
- Share via Whatsapp
- Share via Facebook Messenger
- Copy link to clipboardUrl Copied to clipboard