- Ben Chilwell delights in Leicester City's 2-0 win over AFC Bournemouth on Saturday
- The Foxes have now won their last three Premier League matches
- City's young left-back was pleased with the atmosphere generated at King Power Stadium
- Brendan Rodgers' men are currently eighth, level on points with Wolverhampton Wanderers
Just after the hour-mark, a capacity home crowd took to their feet to honour the Club’s beloved late Chairman, Khun Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha, who would have celebrated his 61st birthday on Thursday.
Goals: Leicester City 2 AFC Bournemouth 0
Watch the goals from the Foxes' 2-0 victory over the Cherries at King Power Stadium in the Premier League.
“They were behind us for the whole game and in the 61st minute especially… we haven’t heard them that loud for years.
“Obviously it was a special moment in the 61st minute. When the fans are behind us, like they were today, it gives us confidence and we repaid them with a good performance.”
Chilwell says confidence is flowing as the Foxes pursue a seventh-place finish in the Premier League which may secure a place in the UEFA Europa League’s third qualifying round.
Rodgers: A Really Good Feeling
Brendan Rodgers spoke with LCFC TV after a positive display to beat the Cherries 2-0 at King Power Stadium on Saturday.
“I think that’s three wins in a row now, so confidence is high in the changing room and I think today was probably the best performance of the lot,” the England left-back added.
“We were defensively solid and then going forward, we were good, and in possession we were really good as well, we dominated the game for, I’d say, the majority of it.
“For confidence, it’s really good going forward.”
- Share via Facebook
- Share via Twitter
- Share via Email
- Share via Whatsapp
- Share via Facebook Messenger
- Copy link to clipboardUrl Copied to clipboard