- Daniel Iversen starts for Denmark's youngsters at the UEFA European Championship
- The Danes were defeated 3-1 by Germany in their maiden group stage fixture on Monday
- Leicester City goalkeeper Iversen now has 14 Denmark Under-21s caps to his name
- Another six Foxes players could represent their countries in Italy on Tuesday evening
The 21-year-old goalkeeper, who enjoyed a successful 2018/19 loan spell with Oldham Athletic, was earning his 14th Under-21s cap at Friuli Stadium in Udine, Italy.
A Marco Richter brace and Luca Waldschmidt strike handed Germany a strong lead, which was narrowed by a Robert Skov spot-kick, but the Danes suffered a 3-1 defeat.
Denmark will next face Austria on Thursday (5:30pm BST kick-off) before concluding their Group B campaign against Serbia on Sunday (8pm BST kick-off).
Iversen is one of seven Foxes in Italy for the tournament with Filip Benković's Croatia and Alex Pascanu's Romania set to clash in Group C on Tuesday afternoon.
James Maddison during England Under-21s training in Italy.
The Leicester quartet could line-up for the Young Lions against France at Stadio Dino Manuzzi on Tuesday evening (8pm BST kick-off).
Aidy Boothroyd's youngsters then tackle Romania on Friday (5:30pm BST kick-off), while their Group D finale comes against Croatia on Monday (8pm BST kick-off).
- Share via Facebook
- Share via Twitter
- Share via Email
- Share via Whatsapp
- Share via Facebook Messenger
คัดลอก URL ลงคลิปบอร์ด
URL copied to clipboard