Background to the Club
Leicester City Football Club, also known as the Foxes, is a top-flight English football club, going into their sixth consecutive season in the Premier League. In 2015/16, ranked as 5000-1 outsiders, Leicester City were crowned Premier League champions.
In 2010, the Club was bought by Asian Football Investments, a Thai-led consortium fronted by King Power’s founder and Chairman, Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha. The stadium was named King Power Stadium in 2011 and one year later in 2012, King Power International became sole owners of the Club.
Leicester City Football Club is an ambitious and forward-thinking club. It is deeply committed to the local community and its supporters and continually strives to ensure that every point of engagement with fans is truly world-class including the experience on matchdays.
The Club is now continuing to make significant strategic investments across the whole organisation and major expansion plans are in hand. It is an extremely exciting time for the Club with plans for a new state-of-the-art 180-acre, £100M training ground.
About the Role
Against this exciting backdrop and given the ongoing increase in the organisation’s operational complexity, the Club is seeking a Head of Operations at the new training ground.
The role will help the Club maintain a state-of-the-art 180-acre training ground. Initially focusing on the new facilities and ensuring the effective transition to them, key responsibilitiess include:
- Ensuring the safety, security and efficient operation of the Club’s new training ground facility, ensuring compliance with all statutory regulations.
- Developing a greenfield site to a best in class facility for players, staff and visitors alike.
- Proactively managing operating standards and capability across a multi-discipline environment (including security, safety, catering, maintenance and housekeeping).
- Ensuring the productivity of the training ground is effectively managed during the transition from old to new facilities, ensuring a smooth move on budget.
- Maintaining strong links with the security team to ensure projects and ongoing operations are delivered to the highest standards, making sure that Football can work in a secure and discreet environment.
This is the chance to drive transformational culture and operational change for one of the top sports organisations and football clubs in Europe.
The ambition is to become best in class in terms of talent attraction, development and retention and you will work closely with Estates and Infrastructure Director (initially) and Operations Director (in the second phase) and in developing and sharing Leicester City's vision across every aspect of the Club.
For further details about this amazing opportunity, please follow the link below which will take you to our retained search firm.
Please follow this link: www.odgers.com/72871
To ensure we keep this a transparent and fair process, please do not apply directly to the Club, and no referrals from other agencies will be accepted.
Leicester City Football Club is an equal opportunities employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
- Share via Facebook
- Share via Twitter
- Share via Email
- Share via Whatsapp
- Share via Facebook Messenger
Copy link to clipboard
Url Copied to clipboard