Who We Are
Leicestershire is made up of vibrant, ambitious and resilient communities. Leicester City Community Trust support these communities, and the people within them, through exciting programmes with a passionate and dedicated team at its core.
We aim to Engage, Inspire and Empower through Togetherness, Respect and Pride, changing lives and transforming communities.
Following a period of growth, Leicester City Community Trust has a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic Inspire Coach to join our dynamic team.
About The Role
‘Inspire’ is a targeted programme delivered in secondary schools in and around Leicestershire. The purpose of ‘Inspire’ is to work with young people who have been identified to be at risk of becoming disengaged.
Using a range of innovative interventions, Inspire Coaches work within schools to develop and increase confidence, motivation, aspirations and attendance.
Through 1:1 support and small group sessions, our coaches identify barriers to learning and create extra-curricular opportunities to re-engage young people with mainstream education.
Part of the programme is delivered in conjunction with the Prince’s Trust Achieve clubs, which work with young people to achieve their potential and make positive decisions for their own futures.
Who We’re Looking For
If you are passionate about supporting young people to reach their potential, are creative in your approach and are an excellent communicator - we want to hear from you.
Skills required for success:
- Ability to empower young people to overcome potential barriers to education
- Experience of creating strong and appropriate relationships, with internal and external partners
- Ability to encourage, motivate and enthuse young people to participate, promoting positive attitudes towards education
- Ability to work on own initiative, providing alternative learning opportunities for young people
- Experience of working with young people
- Experience working within an educational setting
- Must satisfy relevant pre-employment checks including enhanced DBS check
- Ability to travel regularly across multiple sites
Contract Type – 12 months fixed term
Hours Per Week – 37.5
Leicester City Community trust is an equal opportunities employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Leicester City Community Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. As such, you may be subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure via the Disclosure & Barring Service and prior to taking up any role.
A shortlist of suitable applicants will be compiled shortly after the closing date and successful candidates will be contacted about the interview process.
Click here to download the full job description.
Closing Date – 4 July, 2019
- Share via Facebook
- Share via Twitter
- Share via Email
- Share via Whatsapp
- Share via Facebook Messenger
Copy link to clipboard
Url Copied to clipboard