Who We Are
Working closely with Leicester City Community Trust, Leicester City Girls’ Regional Talent Club (RTC) is the only elite female youth football programme in Leicestershire being an integral part of the FA Girls England talent Pathway.
The programme helps to identify talented female players and provide opportunities for young women to play at an elite level. We aim to Engage, Inspire and Empower through Togetherness, Respect and Pride, providing a stimulating and supporting environment for each player to achieve their full potential.
Following a period of growth, Leicester City Girls’ RTC has an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic Strength and Conditioning Coach to join our dynamic team.
About The Role
The role of the Strength and Conditioning Coach provides an integrated approach to performance enhancement through the delivery and design of innovative programmes.
The successful candidate will work as a part of a team to provide strength & conditioning and sports science provision for our Regional Talent Club age groups to support the RTC’s mission to place our players into a technical and educational programme designed to produce football excellence in conjunction with personal development - as part of our vision to play a lead role in producing the England national players of tomorrow.
Who We’re Looking For
The Regional Talent Club are looking for a candidate who has a passion for developing young talent and has a strong knowledge of up to date sports science research and protocols. If you feel that you can support our young people to reach their potential, are creative in your approach and are an excellent communicator, we want to hear from you.
Skills required for success:
- Previous experience working in a professional youth team sport environment developing young athletes.
- Experience of creating strong and appropriate relationships, with internal and external partners.
- Ability to work closely with technical/tactical coaches and wider staff team to enhance player performance.
- Ability to work on own initiative, developing and improving programmes for all players.
- Relevant degree programme in Sports Science or a Sport Science related discipline
- Have or can demonstrate evidence of working towards the FA’s Level 3 Physical Performance Award, CSCS or UKSCA accreditation.
- Minimum Level 1 FA Introduction to First Aid in Football (IFAiF) or a valid FA Emergency Aid qualification
- Must satisfy relevant pre-employment checks including enhanced DBS check
- Ability to travel regularly across multiple sites
Contract Type – 12 months Fixed Term
Hours Per Week – Part time (2 - 4 hours per week plus match days), you will be required to work outside of normal office hours, at evenings and weekends during the season, pre-season and annual trials
Leicester City Community trust is an equal opportunities employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Leicester City Community Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. As such, you may be subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure via the Disclosure & Barring Service and prior to taking up any role.
A shortlist of suitable applicants will be compiled shortly after the closing date and successful candidates will be contacted about the interview process.
If you feel you have the qualities and experience we are looking for please apply by completing our application form and returning along with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date – 26 July 2019
Click here to download the application form.
Click here to download the job description.
- Share via Facebook
- Share via Twitter
- Share via Email
- Share via Whatsapp
- Share via Facebook Messenger
Copy link to clipboard
Url Copied to clipboard