- An away clash with Newcastle United awaits Leicester City in the Carabao Cup Second Round
- The tie will take place the week commencing Monday 26 August
- Leicester have lifted the League Cup on three previous occasions, in 1964, 1997 and 2000
- Confirmed match details and ticket information will be released shortly
City, one of 13 Premier League sides to enter the 59-year-old competition at this stage, will face the Premier League outfit during the week commencing Monday 26 August.
The tie will fall between a top-flight visit to Sheffield United on Saturday 24 August (3pm BST kick-off) and a home meeting with AFC Bournemouth on Saturday 31 August (3pm BST kick-off).
Newcastle, meanwhile, opened their 2019/20 season with a narrow loss to Arsenal, and next face Norwich City on Saturday.
The Foxes are three-time winners of the competition, most recently lifting the trophy in 2000, courtesy of a brace of goals from captain Matt Elliott at Wembley.
Live coverage of the second round tie will be available for free on LCFC Radio, with each matchday offering starting three hours before kick-off.
Full ticket details and a confirmed date and time for the encounter with Newcastle will be confirmed on LCFC.com shortly.
- Share via Facebook
- Share via Twitter
- Share via Email
- Share via Whatsapp
- Share via Facebook Messenger
คัดลอก URL ลงคลิปบอร์ด
URL copied to clipboard