- Ben Chilwell is 'likely' to be back for Leicester City's clash with AFC Bournemouth next weekend
- Brendan Rodgers is awaiting news on the 22-year-old's availability this Saturday
- The Foxes are due to face Sheffield United at Bramall Lane in the Premier League
- Rodgers also highlighted the performance of Christian Fuchs at Chelsea last time out
As City turn their attention to Chris Wilder's Blades this weekend, Rodgers says the Club's medical staff are awaiting to see how Chilwell responds to receiving an injection last week.
“Ben has had an injection last week and he'll be in training,” the Northern Irishman confirmed. “We'll see if he's ready for the weekend, but it's likely he'll be ready for next week (vs. AFC Bournemouth).”
[Christian Fuchs is] a really, really valuable member of our squad. He gives 100 per cent every single day and that prepares him for any game.Brendan Rodgers
However, if the Foxes are to run out in Sheffield without their No.3, Rodgers says they have Fuchs, 33, ready and able to appear after showcasing his quality at Chelsea in the capital.
“He was outstanding and he got the reward for how he’s been training,” the Leicester manager continued.
“He’s a really, really valuable member of our squad. He gives 100 per cent every single day and that prepares him for any game.”
On that performance at Chelsea, which impressed many onlookers, Rodgers revealed that there is more work to be done, but admitted the early signs are good.
“It gives us the belief we can compete,” he continued. “We had to dig deep and show real resilience and spirit, but our mobility, technical quality and hunger in our pressing was very much there.”
- Share via Facebook
- Share via Twitter
- Share via Email
- Share via Whatsapp
- Share via Facebook Messenger
คัดลอก URL ลงคลิปบอร์ด
URL copied to clipboard