- Leicester City face Liverpool at Anfield in the Premier League on Saturday (3pm BST kick-off)
- Brendan Rodgers says midfielder James Maddison is 'fine' following an injury to his ankle
- Maddison was missed City's last two matches, victories over Luton Town and Newcastle United
- The Foxes manager also discussed the 'great' team spirit on show within the first team squad
However, with City due to tackle Jürgen Klopp's European champions on Merseyside, Rodgers has confirmed the skilful midfielder has trained with the first team squad over the past week.
The senior lads are amazing here, they really care, they really want to win, and the younger lads are learning from it.Brendan Rodgers
"James is fine," Rodgers told the media on Thursday, ahead of returning to his former club for the first time on Saturday. "He’s trained the last couple of days and he’s okay."
Discussing the close-knit nature of his squad, Rodgers also revealed that the Foxes' first team stars participated in a team bonding session in the morning, playing crazy golf in the city.
We’re bringing a real positive mindset into our games, no matter who the opponent is.Brendan Rodgers
"We have a great spirit in the team," he continued. "James Maddison turned up this morning in full golf gear, which was quite amusing! We have a great spirit.
"The senior lads are amazing here, they really care, they really want to win, and the younger lads are learning from it.
"We’re bringing a real positive mindset into our games, no matter who the opponent is."
- Share via Facebook
- Share via Twitter
- Share via Email
- Share via Whatsapp
- Share via Facebook Messenger
Copy link to clipboard
Url Copied to clipboard