- Ricardo Pereira's Portugal secured their place at the UEFA European Championships with a 2-0 victory over Luxembourg
- City's right-back completed 90 minutes for Portugal as the holders qualified for next summer's tournament by finishing second in Group B
- Ben Chilwell played from start to finish as England finished top of Group A following their 4-0 success over Kosovo
- Wilfred Ndidi featured in Nigeria's 4-2 Africa Cup of Nations qualifying win over Lesotho in Maseru
City's full-back played 90 minutes for the current EURO holders in their 2-0 triumph away in Luxembourg at the Stade Josy Barthel.
Sporting Lisbon midfielder Bruno Fernandes opened the scoring for Portugal six minutes prior to half-time before captain Cristiano Ronaldo doubled their lead late on in the second half.
The victory means Portugal finish second in Group B and secure qualification for next summer's tournament, along with group winners Ukraine.
Academy graduate Ben Chilwell completed another 90 minutes for England as they won 4-0 in Kosovo to finish atop of Group A.
Chilwell, who registered a brilliant trio of assists against Montenegro on Thursday, put in another assured performance and forced Kosovo goalkeeper Arijanet Muric into a smart save on the hour-mark.
Harry Winks, Harry Kane, Marcus Rashford and Mason Mount all scored in a victory that ensures England will be seeded next summer.
Ben Chilwell made his 11th appearance for England in their 4-0 victory in Kosovo.
James Maddison, who made his senior Three Lions debut at Wembley three days ago, was an unused substitute at the Fadil Vokrri Stadium.
Meanwhile, Foxes midfielder Wilfred Ndidi featured from start to finish in Nigeria's 4-2 Africa Cup of Nations qualifying win over Lesotho.
Having helped his nation beat the Republic of Benin 2-1 in their first qualifying game, City's No.25 impressed once more for the Super Eagles at Setsoto Stadium in Maseru.
Check back on LCFC.com over the next few days for regular updates on how the Club's international representatives fare for their respective nations.
All times GMT.
- Share via Facebook
- Share via Twitter
- Share via Email
- Share via Whatsapp
- Share via Facebook Messenger
Copy link to clipboard
Url Copied to clipboard