- Brendan Rodgers provide a fitness update on Ben Chilwell and Demarai Gray
- Leicester City travel to Aston Villa in the Premier League on Sunday (2pm GMT kick-off)
- Chilwell (hip) be assessed after Saturday's training session, while Gray has recovered from illness
- Rodgers also hails the form of striker Jamie Vardy, who is now on 14 goals in the 2019/20 season
“Demarai’s back in the last couple of days training so he re-joined the squad this morning and was fine,” he told the national media. “He looks back to himself.”
All my teams have that striker, fast and dynamic. I came here and I had one of the best strikers in Europe.Brendan Rodgers
On Chilwell, meanwhile, Rodgers said: “Ben will hopefully be fine and we’ll find out more after training tomorrow.”
Rodgers, who also confirmed that there are no other fitness concerns, commented on the form of Vardy, who has now scored on his last seven Premier League outings for the Foxes.
“When he’s fit, he plays,” the Northern Irishman continued. “He’s a remarkable goalscorer, and his thought is the next game. But, as you can see, he’s such a threat.
“All my teams have that striker, fast and dynamic. I came here and I had one of the best strikers in Europe.
“You can see his energy and his speed, and then it was about fitting him into the style. He’s been very impressive.”
- Share via Facebook
- Share via Twitter
- Share via Email
- Share via Whatsapp
- Share via Facebook Messenger
คัดลอก URL ลงคลิปบอร์ด
URL copied to clipboard