Leicester City To Host Chelsea In FA Cup Quarter-Finals
- Leicester City have been drawn at home to Chelsea in the FA Cup last eight
- The Foxes progressed after a 1-0 win over Birmingham City on Wednesday night
- City’s home Premier League tie with Brighton has now been postponed
- Details for the FA Cup tie and rearranged fixture to be confirmed in due course
Ricardo Pereira’s second half goal at King Power Stadium was enough to see City progress to the next round with a 1-0 win against a Birmingham side that hadn’t been defeated since New Year’s Day.
Their reward is a clash with Frank Lampard’s Chelsea, who progressed to this stage of the competition with a 2-0 home win over Liverpool on Tuesday night, having also overcome Hull City and Nottingham Forest in the earlier rounds.
The Foxes have beaten Wigan Athletic, Brentford and now Birmingham City en route to the last eight of the competition for the second time in three seasons, and will now battle it out with Chelsea to earn a place in the semi-finals at Wembley Stadium.
The game will take place over the weekend of 21 March, meaning that City’s Premier League fixture with Brighton & Hove Albion will be postponed until a future date.
That fixture had been due to take place at King Power Stadium on Sunday 22 March at 2pm, but a new date for that fixture, as well as confirmed details for City’s quarter-final tie with Chelsea will be announced on LCFC.com in due course.
- Share via Facebook
- Share via Twitter
- Share via Email
- Share via Whatsapp
- Share via Facebook Messenger
คัดลอก URL ลงคลิปบอร์ด
URL copied to clipboard