Age UK Leicester Shire & Rutland Offering Welfare Services
Age UK Leicester Shire & Rutland is a local independent arm of a national charity that aims to help older members of the community to live happier, active, fulfilled and socially-engaged lives.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, they have launched a Coronavirus advice helpline, allowing those with any concerns to get in touch during the current crisis.
The Coronavirus advice helpline is accessible to those in Leicester, Leicestershire & Rutland by calling 0116 299 2239, and is open during the following times:
- Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm
- Saturday and Sunday, 10am to 4pm
Alternatively, there is an existing information and advice line open 9am to 1pm, Monday to Friday, which deals will all other issues that people over the age of 50 might experience. Simply call 0116 229 2278.
For all vulnerable older people having to self-isolate throughout Leicester, Leicestershire & Rutland, Age UK are able to offer the following:
- Two free food, books and jigsaw parcels (which can usually be delivered within 24 hours)
- Two food shopping visits (food is paid for by the service user and they do not charge for the two trips)
- Prescription collection
- Telephone befriending
If you have any unwanted items, meanwhile, Age UK are seeking good quality donations including clothing, books and bric-a-brac for when their shops re-open. They can be dropped off at the following locations:
- Lansdowne House, 113 Princess Road East, LE1 7LA (Monday to Friday, 9am to 4pm)
- Gloucester House, 3 Norman Way, Melton Mowbray (Monday to Friday every week between 1pm and 2pm)
- Earl Shilton Centre, Kings Walk, Earl Shilton (every Tuesday between 10am and 11am)
- Age UK’s vans will be outside their shops in Birstall from 10am to 12pm & Syston from 12:30pm to 2:30pm on Friday 22 May
Government guidelines on social distancing will be followed at all times to ensure the safety of Age UK’s staff, volunteers and members of the public.
In addition, they are also appealing for any emergency donations for their vital work across the local area. To make a donation, click here.
Anyone wanting to donate any food items can call their main number on 0119 299 2233.
All times BST.
- Share via Facebook
- Share via Twitter
- Share via Email
- Share via Whatsapp
- Share via Facebook Messenger
คัดลอก URL ลงคลิปบอร์ด
URL copied to clipboard