- Brendan Rodgers provided a fitness update ahead of Leicester City’s first game behind closed doors on Saturday (12:30pm kick-off)
- The Foxes travel to face Watford at Vicarage Road this weekend as the Premier League resumes
- Dennis Praet (calf) is to be assessed on Friday, while Ryan Bennett and Ayoze Pérez are both fit to play
- The game will be available to watch on BT Sport 1, while LCFC TV also has live coverage from 11:30am
“Both those players have been back in training this week,” he told the national media in his virtual press conference at Belvoir Drive.
“They will be available for us, which is good news.”
I don’t think any team will be right at their top level in the first game purely because of fitness and the length of time that we’ve had to prepare.Brendan Rodgers
On Praet, meanwhile, Rodgers said: “Dennis Praet is a doubt, but we’ll see tomorrow (Friday) if he’s going to make the squad or not.
“If he doesn’t then he should be fine for Tuesday. It’s just a slight tightness on his calf so we’ll see how that is over the next 24 hours.”
Rodgers, who also confirmed that there are no other fitness concerns, expects there to be a bedding in period when games get back underway, due to the three-month lay-off without a competitive fixture.
“I don’t think any team will be right at their top level in the first game purely because of fitness and the length of time that we’ve had to prepare,” the Northern Irishman continued.
“But you have to adapt to that. We’ve spoken about it before, we may not be at our best, but as long as we’re giving our best, from a fitness perspective, it may just take a little bit of time but it’s the same for everyone.
“We’ve been off for long enough, there’s no excuses with fatigue and tiredness, we’re just going to enjoy playing games.
“We’ve got a very good squad, we know we’ll have to rely on everyone in this period but we’re just looking forward to playing and starting that at Watford.”
Support your club. Stay safe. Follow at home.
All times BST.
- Share via Facebook
- Share via X
- Share via Email
- Share via Whatsapp
- Share via Facebook Messenger
คัดลอก URL ลงคลิปบอร์ด
URL copied to clipboard