- Kamal Sowah's appearance for OH Leuven on Sunday concludes Leicester City's 2019/20 loan action
- The on-loan midfielder featured for the promoted Belgian second-tier side against Beerschot
- OHL will contest the 2020/21 season in the Jupiler Pro League, their first in the top tier since 2015/16
- Rachid Ghezzal did not feature for Fiorentina on the final day of the Serie A season
After both sides were promoted earlier this week, OHL hosted K Beerschot VA at King Power at Den Dreef Stadium on Sunday in the second leg of a final to determine the league winners.
Following a 1-0 loss in the first leg in March, the Whites started brightly and Sowah was unlucky not to open the scoring himself with a fierce drive onto the crossbar in the first half.
However, Beerschot took the lead before the interval through a Kenneth Schuermans own goal in the 42nd minute before Tarik Tissoudali and Marius Noubissi also found the net for the visitors.
Sowah rattled the bar again in the second period and Jérémy Perbet got one back for OHL, but Euloge Placca added another against Marc Brys' hosts ahead of their Jupiler Pro League return.
Their first top-flight campaign since 2015/16 starts on Monday 10 August when KAS Eupen visit King Power at Den Dreef Stadium on the opening day of the new season (6pm kick-off).
City midfielder Rachid Ghezzal, meanwhile, did not make an appearance as Fiorentina registered a 3-1 victory at relegated Società Polisportiva Ars et Labor in Serie A on Sunday.
The Algeria international made 21 outings for La Viola throughout the 2019/20 season, scoring once, as the Italian side finished in 10th place in Serie A under Giuseppe Iachini.
All times BST.
- Share via Facebook
- Share via Twitter
- Share via Email
- Share via Whatsapp
- Share via Facebook Messenger
คัดลอก URL ลงคลิปบอร์ด
URL copied to clipboard