- Leicester City in the Community's Head of Community, Allison Tripney, was interviewed on The Kelly & Wrighty Show
- Shown worldwide, the focus on the show was around the new No Room For Racism initiative launched by the Premier League
- The PL Primary Stars programme will continue to deliver No Room For Racism workshops in primary schools across Leicestershire
- Leicester City Football Club backs the No Room For Racism campaign and works closely with Premier League Primary Stars
As part of the Black History Month celebrations and awareness, Leicester City in the Community continued spreading the message by featuring on The Kelly & Wrighty Show.
The panel show, which is presented by Kelly Cates and Ian Wright, focused its latest episode on the Premier League’s No Room For Racism campaign.
Allison Tripney, Leicester City in the Community’s Head of Community, was an interviewee on the show, with Cates and Wright discussing the problems faced by black people.
The Premier League has taken steps to promote racial equality through the Premier League Primary Stars programme, by educating children on the subject.
With the backdrop and support from a professional football club and the Premier League, then we start to really be able to open those doors into a really honest discussion.Allison Tripney Leicester City in the Community
Discussing the measures taken to spread the message of equality, via virtual video recording, Allison said: “Young people are really open minded.
“No one is born with a prejudice or a discrimination, if we give them time and a platform to listen, to learn and educate – that is where we will start to see change.
“The key piece of work has to be in primary schools – almost the younger the better – what we are encouraging and delivering to young people is around the anti-discrimination agenda.
“With the backdrop and support from a professional football club and the Premier League, then we start to really be able to open those doors into a really honest discussion.”
Watch the interview on The Kelly & Wrighty Show by clicking HERE.
Leicester City fans are being urged to challenge and report racism wherever it takes place, encouraging behavioural change in football and wider society.
For more information on the Premier League's No Room for Racism initiative, click HERE.
- Share via Facebook
- Share via Twitter
- Share via Email
- Share via Whatsapp
- Share via Facebook Messenger
คัดลอก URL ลงคลิปบอร์ด
URL copied to clipboard