- Jonny Evans (heel) is set to miss Tuesday's trip to Chelsea, says Brendan Rodgers
- Leicester City go into the clash after beating the Blues in the final of the Emirates FA Cup
- Rodgers says Evans will be assessed ahead of the Premier League's final day clash with Spurs
- Cengiz Ünder (hip) is also a doubt for the encounter at Stamford Bridge
Evans started for Leicester at the national stadium but a heel injury became a concern in the first half and the Northern Ireland centre-back was forced to withdraw on 34 minutes. Speaking on Monday, Rodgers was asked to provide an update on City's experienced No.6.
"Jonny won’t play in the game, he’ll struggle for that," the 48-year-old said. "We’ll see what he’s like for next weekend, but he won’t be involved tomorrow.
Leicester City Win The FA Cup!
Watch the moment Leicester City lifted the FA Cup for the first time.
"We enjoyed the moment on Saturday, rightly so, as it's an incredible achievement. I'm sure fans are waking up with sore heads and hoarse voices, but we've got a job to do. There's work to be done. Physically and mentality, we'll be ready to give our very, very best and let's see where it takes us."
The only other concern at present, meanwhile, is Turkey winger Cengiz Ünder, who will be monitored by the Club's medical team over the coming 24 hours ahead of the 8:15pm kick-off in London.
"There’s nothing to report at the moment, it’s only the second day after the game," Rodgers added. "But we’ll see how they are. The only other one is Ünder, who’s struggling a little with his hip.
"We’ll see if he can be available."
All times BST.
- Share via Facebook
- Share via Twitter
- Share via Email
- Share via Whatsapp
- Share via Facebook Messenger
คัดลอก URL ลงคลิปบอร์ด
URL copied to clipboard