- Diya is a pupil at Krishna Avanti Primary School, which is part of the Premier League Primary Stars programme
- She attends the after-school club, which is ran by Leicester City in the Community coaches
- Diya also goes to Skills Centre football sessions along with some of her classmates, also ran by Leicester City’s charitable arm
- Both sessions are run by LCitC Football Development Coordinator and Primary Stars Coach Ed Garnett
Primary School student Diya has significantly improved her football skills through two Leicester City in the Community programmes.
Diya, who attends Krishna Avanti Primary School, goes to the after-school club on Thursdays, which is ran by Primary Stars Coach Ed Garnett.
As well as this, she has also joined the football development Skills Centre sessions at Judgemeadow Community College, run by Leicester City in the Community on Tuesdays.
Speaking during the after-school football club at Krishna Avanti Primary School, Primary Stars Coach and Football Development Coordinator Ed Garnett talks about Diya’s love of football.
“Her enthusiasm is infectious – she loves to learn new skills and she wants to learn more in-depth skills,” he says. “She’s always joined in; she’s never let anything hold her back.
Primary Stars Coach and Football Development Coordinator, Ed Garnett runs the sessions for primary school children.
“It’s fantastic to see the impact that sport has had in the school, and how willing the children are to participate outside of school as well.”
After attending the weekly Judgemeadow Skills Centre football session, Diya discussed how much she enjoys working with LCitC Coach, Ed.
“He’s really funny – he teaches a lot of skills and movements, so he makes me really happy,” she explains. “He’s helped me a lot and helped me improve a lot with football.
“When I was little, I used to always watch football. I dreamed that when I grow up, I want to be a footballer – and then the dream came true.”
You can watch Diya’s story, HERE.
- Share via Facebook
- Share via Twitter
- Share via Email
- Share via Whatsapp
- Share via Facebook Messenger
คัดลอก URL ลงคลิปบอร์ด
URL copied to clipboard