- Kelechi Iheanacho helped Nigeria to a 2-0 win over Central African Republic on Sunday
- The Super Eagles are top of their FIFA World Cup qualifying group
- Youri Tielemans and Timothy Castagne also starred for Belgium against Italy
- Italy secured a 2-1 success in the third-fourth play-off in the UEFA Nations League
Iheanacho played 74 minutes for the Super Eagles after also starring against the same opposition on Thursday, as goals from Leon Balogun and Victor Osimhen made amends for the 1-0 defeat last time. City's No.14. on the other hand, was making his 36th outing for Nigeria.
Following that 2-0 success at Stade Omnisports, Gernot Rohr's men sit top of their FIFA World Cup qualifying group with nine points from four games.
Elsewhere, midfielder Tielemans and defender Castagne were also in action for Belgium, who tackled European champions Italy in the third-fourth play-offs in the UEFA Nations League. Tielemans was withdrawn on 59 minutes, while Castagne saw out the full 90 in Turin.
Goals from Nicolò Barella and Domenico Berardi, however, condemned the Red Devils to a 2-1 reverse at Juventus Stadium. Charles De Ketelaere did get one back for Roberto Martínez's men, but it wasn't enough to take the tie into extra-time.
- Share via Facebook
- Share via Twitter
- Share via Email
- Share via Whatsapp
- Share via Facebook Messenger
คัดลอก URL ลงคลิปบอร์ด
URL copied to clipboard