Loan Round-Up: Barnes Adds Fourth Goal For MK Dons
- Harvey Barnes scored his fourth goal of the season as MK Dons won 2-0 at Charlton Athletic
- The Leicester City Academy product has been a hit on loan at the Sky Bet League 1 outfit
- Matty James played for 90 minutes as Barnsley were held to a 0-0 stalemate by Cardiff City
- Tom Lawrence was out again as he recovers from injury at Championship side Ipswich Town
Harvey Barnes continued his brilliant success in front of goal as MK Dons emerged from Charlton Athletic with 2-0 victory, their third win in four matches in Sky Bet League 1.
Leicester City Academy product Barnes, 19, has become a firm fans’ favourite in Buckinghamshire since agreeing to join Robbie Neilson’s men back in January with an impressive four goals in just 13 appearances on his maiden campaign in the Football League.
The Dons are now up to 12th in League 1 following their 14th success of the 2016/17 season so far at The Valley. After Stuart O’Keefe’s opener early on, Barnes added a second for his adopted club in the 57th minute to further endear himself to the Milton Keynes supporters in south London.
Matty James, meanwhile, featured again for Barnsley as Paul Heckingbottom’s men were held to a 0-0 stalemate by Cardiff City at Oakwell on Tuesday night. Like Barnes, James has proven to be a key figure while away from King Power Stadium as he continues his return from a recurrent injury problem.
Tom Lawrence and Callum Elder did not feature for Ipswich Town and Barnsley respectively. For more from City’s loan stars, check back to LCFC.com every week for a report of their progress.
- Share via Facebook
- Share via Twitter
- Share via Email
- Share via Whatsapp
- Share via Facebook Messenger
คัดลอก URL ลงคลิปบอร์ด
URL copied to clipboard