Albrighton: A Massive Week
- Marc Albrighton hails his Leicester City team-mates after a fine 3-1 Hull City victory on Saturday
- Strikes from Christian Fuchs, Riyad Mahrez and a Tom Huddlestone own goal gave City the win
- The winger says the Foxes showed determination to secure their first back-to-back victories
- Albrighton hopes a 10-day break from match action can give City an extra impetus this week
The Foxes are now five points clear of danger ahead of a 10-day break from action in all competitions and Albrighton, who again delivered an assured display on the flanks, says it was essential they went into that period on the back of a positive result at King Power Stadium.
With six points gained inside a week, following a triumph over Liverpool on Monday, City are now looking upwards in the table with the UEFA Champions League last-16 second leg tie against Sevilla coming five days before a visit to the London Stadium to face West Ham United in two weeks’ time.
Speaking to following the success over the Tigers, Albrighton said: “It was massive. Monday night means nothing if we couldn’t get a result. It was different kind of game but equally as important. This is an important win and it turned it into a positive week.
“We’ve known ourselves that when we’ve gone behind this season we’ve dropped off a little bit and conceded another goal. All of a sudden you’re out of the game so it was important for us to bounce back and show character and we did that in abundance today.
“We knew it was going to be a tough test. Hull are playing well at the minute and they came here with a lot of confidence so it was always going to be hard. Once we get a goal we know we can go and get a few more.”
Looking ahead to a warm weather training trip to Dubai, Albrighton says he and his City team-mates are looking to turn it into a positive few days to ensure they return to England ready for testing matches against both Sevilla and West Ham.
He added: “We’ve got a bit of break before the next game so taking back-to-back wins before a long period without a game is important and fantastic for us.”
- Share via Facebook
- Share via Twitter
- Share via Email
- Share via Whatsapp
- Share via Facebook Messenger
- Copy link to clipboardUrl Copied to clipboard