Shakespeare's Pre-Sevilla Fitness Update
- Craig Shakespeare confirms Nampalys Mendy will miss the clash with Sevilla on Tuesday night
- Leicester City take on the La Liga giants in the UEFA Champions League Last-16 second leg
- The Foxes trail Jorge Sampaoli's side 2-1 following the first leg but have a crucial away goal
- Mendy has a slight knee problem but may return for the trip to West Ham United on Saturday
Craig Shakespeare has provided a fitness update on his Leicester City squad ahead of the UEFA Champions League last-16 second leg against FC Sevilla on Tuesday night (7.45pm kick-off).
The Foxes boss, speaking in front of a packed media suite on Filbert Way this Monday afternoon, revealed that almost all of the 23-man camp are in contention to play a role in the Club’s maiden home knock-out match in European football’s platinum club competition.
Courtesy of Jamie Vardy’s 73rd minute away goal at the Ramón Sánchez Pizjuán Stadium in Spain last month, City go into the encounter confident of overturning a slender 2-1 deficit against a side managed by the astute Jorge Sampaoli in front of a sell-out crowd at Leicester City Stadium this week.
But Shakespeare said they will have to do it without the services of Nampalys Mendy after the French midfielder suffered a slight injury to his knee during training earlier this week. Mendy, however, may be fit to face West Ham United at the London Stadium on Saturday afternoon.
The Foxes boss said: “Papy Mendy had a knock on his knee a couple of days ago. He’ll be struggling. We may be back for the weekend but he’ll definitely miss tomorrow’s match.”
For more from the camp ahead of Tuesday's historic clash, follow our live match preview.
- Share via Facebook
- Share via Twitter
- Share via Email
- Share via Whatsapp
- Share via Facebook Messenger
คัดลอก URL ลงคลิปบอร์ด
URL copied to clipboard