Ranieri Crowned FIFA Best Men's Coach 2016
- Claudio Ranieri has been named Best Men's Coach at the FIFA Best awards ceremony in Zurich on Monday 9 January, 2017
- The Leicester City manager guided the Club to their first-ever Premier League title during the historic 2015/16 campaign
- The Foxes have continued to excel under Ranieri with a UEFA Champions League last-16 tie against Sevilla next month
- Ranieri has also been awarded with the LMA Manager of the Year and Gazzetta Sport Coach of the Year awards this year
Leicester City manager Claudio Ranieri has been named the Men's Coach of the Year at the FIFA Best ceremony in Zurich after guiding the Club to the Premier League title during the 2015/16 season.
Ranieri was the mastermind behind City’s first-ever top-flight title success, often labelled as one of the greatest sporting underdog stories of all time, despite pre-season expectations by many suggesting a battle against relegation was the more likely outcome.
In just 10 months, the Italian transformed the Foxes into legitimate title contenders before delivering the prize last May with a 10-point cushion above second-place Arsenal in the final league table standings.
With the 2015/16 season bringing memorable victories over the likes of Chelsea, Liverpool and Manchester City, Ranieri has already been honoured with the LMA Manager of the Year and the Gazzetta Sport Coach of the Year awards in recent months among many others.
This season, meanwhile, has brought further success on the pitch with City reaching the last-16 of the UEFA Champions League as Group G winners, where they will face Sevilla across two legs later in 2017.
Upon receiving the award from Argentina legend Diego Maradona, Ranieri told the audience in Switzerland: "
- Share via Facebook
- Share via Twitter
- Share via Email
- Share via Whatsapp
- Share via Facebook Messenger
Copy link to clipboard
Url Copied to clipboard