Ranieri: We Know What To Expect
- Claudio Ranieri admits he is wary of Burnley's impressive home form ahead of the meeting between the two sides
- Leicester City travel to Turf Moor on Tuesday 31 January (7.45pm kick-off) still waiting for their first away victory
- Ranieri says the Foxes know what to expect from Sean Dyche's men and calls for calm from his players
- The City boss has reiterated his stance that they should aim first for 40 points and then push on from there
Claudio Ranieri has pointed to Burnley’s impressive home record as Leicester City prepare to travel to Turf Moor in the Premier League on Tuesday night (7.45pm kick-off).
Sean Dyche’s men have picked up 25 of their 26 points on home soil this season while City are yet to register three points away from King Power Stadium this term and Ranieri expects another challenging night on the road.
The manager is positive about his side’s chances in Lancashire, however, and has reiterated his call for his side to collect 40 points as soon as possible ahead of the final furlong in the Premier League campaign.
“All the matches that we have are key,” he told the assembled media in Leicester on Monday. “All the matches because we have to achieve 40 points.
“They lost just the first match against Swansea then Manchester City and Arsenal. The others, one draw and eight wins. It’s a very tough match, but we are ready.
“We know what to expect. We have to be smart and strong. We know the crowd pushes them a lot. We must be very calm and try to do our best.
“My priority is to try to win tomorrow against a very good team at home. They have 26 points, 25 at home. We made two points away. That is my priority.
“Of course the most important thing is to be solid, strong mentally and play well – better than them. We have to do our best performance of the season.”
Pressed on the need to improve City’s record away from home, Ranieri was philosophical about the reasons behind their difficulties and says it is just a matter of time before they get back on track.
He added: “It will be very important for us. We must be confident, positive and fight. Sooner or later, we’ll have to change our way.”
- Share via Facebook
- Share via Twitter
- Share via Email
- Share via Whatsapp
- Share via Facebook Messenger
คัดลอก URL ลงคลิปบอร์ด
URL copied to clipboard