Riyad Mahrez: Algeria Winger Signs New Leicester City Contract
- Winger Riyad Mahrez has signed a new four-year contract with Leicester City.
- The 24-year-old was one of the Club's star performers during the 2014/15 campaign.
- Mahrez has made over 50 appearances for City since his arrival from Le Havre in 2014.
- The Algerian international represented his country at the 2014 World Cup Finals.Leicester City are delighted to announce that we have agreed terms with Algerian international Riyad Mahrez on a contract extension to June 2019.
Riyad, 24, commits his future to the Foxes following a meteoric rise since joining the Club in January 2014.
Arriving at King Power Stadium as a relative unknown from Ligue 2 side Le Havre, Mahrez helped Leicester win promotion to the Barclays Premier League in his first season, which ended with a maiden call-up to represent Algeria at the 2014 FIFA World Cup Finals.
His reputation enhanced from his experience in Brazil, Riyad continued to shine during his debut season in the Premier League, producing a string of exciting performances across the forward line and making a significant contribution to the Foxes memorably securing their top-flight status.
A brilliant solo winner in a crucial December victory at relegation rivals Hull City and a match-winning double against Southampton during the run-in were undoubted highlights of the campaign.
Riyad signs new terms just days before the start of the new Barclays Premier League season on Saturday, when Mahrez stands to make his 50th league appearance for Leicester as they host Sunderland at King Power Stadium.
City’s Algerian international has been prominent during preparations for the new campaign, having featured in four of the Foxes’ five pre-season fixtures and scored in both the win at Lincoln City and the win at Rotherham United.
- Share via Facebook
- Share via Twitter
- Share via Email
- Share via Whatsapp
- Share via Facebook Messenger
Copy link to clipboard
Url Copied to clipboard