Barnes Joins Barnsley In Season-Long Loan
- Leicester City midfielder Harvey Barnes has joined Barnsley on loan until the end of the season
- The 19-year-old made his debut for City in the UEFA Champions League last season as well as impressing in a successful loan spell with MK Dons
- The England Under-20s midfielder scored six times in 21 appearances for MK Dons in League 1
- Barnes could make his Barnsley debut at home to Ipswich Town on Saturday afternoon
The 19-year-old Academy graduate, who has been with the Football Club since the age of nine, enjoyed a breakthrough season last term during which he made his debut in the UEFA Champions League and shone for MK Dons in League 1.
Now the England Under-20s international will make the step up to Championship football with Paul Heckingbottom’s Tykes – the team with which both Matty James and Callum Elder enjoyed loan spells last season.
Barnes showed his promise with a series of eye-catching performances in the MK Dons midfield last term, when he scored six times in just 21 appearances before ending the season as top scorer for England Under-20s in their triumphant Toulon Tournament campaign.
Having made his Leicester City debut away to Porto in the UEFA Champions League earlier that season and being named Development Squad Player of the Season, his progress now will continue in the second tier of English football.
He will be eligible to make his Barnsley debut at home to Ipswich Town on Saturday afternoon as the Tykes look to build on a thrilling 4-3 victory over Morecambe in the EFL Cup First Round on Tuesday night.
- Share via Facebook
- Share via Twitter
- Share via Email
- Share via Whatsapp
- Share via Facebook Messenger
- Copy link to clipboardUrl Copied to clipboard