- Leicester City's Harry Maguire was delighted by their performance on Wednesday night
- The Foxes overcame Southampton 4-1 with a stunning attacking display at St Mary's Stadium
- Maguire says confidence continues to climb among the City squad under Claude Puel
- The England defender wants Leicester to try and continue their winning run as long as possible
It’s looking good but it’s early on in the season and we’re going to try picking up points.Harry Maguire
“It’s hard to put our finger on it,” he said at full-time on Wednesday evening. “Confidence among the boys has really picked up, you obviously get confidence from winning four games on the bounce.
“We go into every game thinking we can get the three points. We’ll take this performance into Saturday [against Crystal Palace] and we’ll try and make it five on the bounce.”
Maguire also says the attacking qualities at City’s disposal is reassuring for his defensive partners, who now know clean sheets will most likely result in three points.
Another big away win, enjoyable to play in. Thanks for your support. 🦊⚽️— Harry Maguire (@HarryMaguire93) December 13, 2017
“At the time when Claude came in, we were struggling to score goals," he added. "Now, as a defender, you know if you keep a clean sheet, we’re going to create chances and score goals.
“It’s looking good but it’s early on in the season and we’re going to try picking up points.”
- Share via Facebook
- Share via Twitter
- Share via Email
- Share via Whatsapp
- Share via Facebook Messenger
คัดลอก URL ลงคลิปบอร์ด
URL copied to clipboard