- The Leicester City Under-18s could face either Blackburn Rovers or Watford in the FA Youth Cup
- Trevor Peake's side must first plot a route beyond Nottingham Forest at the City Ground on Tuesday
- Fifth Round ties to be played by Saturday 10 February at the latest
- City's youngsters defeated Portsmouth at Fratton Park in the Third Round in December
The young Foxes must first overcome Forest at the City Ground on Tuesday night (7pm kick-off), but their prospective opponents were confirmed by the FA this week.
Fifth Round ties are scheduled to be played before Saturday 10 February, kicking off at 7pm, unless mutually agreed otherwise.
City reached this stage of the Under-18s cup competition with of a 2-1 extra-time success over Portsmouth, courtesy of Kairo Edwards-John’s brace at Fratton Park.
With many of their Academy colleagues appearing at Scunthorpe United in the Checkatrade Trophy, a 2-1 win, Trevor Peake’s men delivered a typically attacking display of their own.
However, they still required an extra 30 minutes to see off their south coast opponents despite an ambitious 4-2-3-1 stratagem paying dividends in forward positions.
It was Pompey who took the lead when Dan Smith fired home from the penalty spot just after the half-hour mark and they preserved that advantage until the half-time interval.
Shortly after the break, though, Edwards-John levelled the scores with a powerful effort to cap off a lightening counter-attack from the Club’s Under-18s outfit.
In extra-time, the game began to slow down, until Edwards-John danced into Pompey’s area, cut inside his man and converted a wonderful finish to seal safe passage for Peake’s side.
- Share via Facebook
- Share via Twitter
- Share via Email
- Share via Whatsapp
- Share via Facebook Messenger
Copy link to clipboard
Url Copied to clipboard