- Development Squad assistant manager Ben Petty spoke to LCFC TV on Tuesday
- The Club's Under-23s played out a 1-1 draw with Portsmouth in the Premier League Cup
- Josh Eppiah found the net in the 86th minute to rescue a point for City's youngsters
- Petty was impressed by the ambitious nature of the squad in the latter stages
Following three successive defeats, Petty told LCFC TV: “In the last few games, I don’t think we’ve had the rub of the green and we’ve been a little bit disappointed by the end result.
“I think [it was] an error to go one goal behind and, considering the domination in the second half, we were well deserving of a point. On another night, we may have got all three.”
Pompey Point Pleases Petty
Leicester City Development Squad assistant manager Ben Petty talks to LCFC TV after his side's 1-1 draw with Portsmouth on Tuesday night...
On Eppiah’s display, he added: “We hope it’s going to be a kick-start for him, he’s done well. He’s recovering from two years of lengthy injuries and the goal will do him the world of good.
“We thought he played well and he lead the line really well tonight.”
Petty was particularly enthused by City’s eagerness to chase a winner and, while they weren’t quite able to snatch a late goal, he was impressed by their ambition in Bagnor Regis.
Overall, we said to the players that it was more like us in the second half and we were back on it.Ben PettyLCFC TV
“Even when we got the equaliser, we still weren’t content with that,” he said. “With five minutes to go we were pushing on and that Hamza [Choudhury] chance could quite easily have gone in.
“Overall, we said to the players that it was more like us in the second half and we were back on it. We’re going to strip it right back to basics now.”
- Share via Facebook
- Share via Twitter
- Share via Email
- Share via Whatsapp
- Share via Facebook Messenger
- Copy link to clipboardUrl Copied to clipboard