- Leicester City's Riyad Mahrez looks ahead to the final weeks of the 2017/18 season
- The 27-year-old was in magnificent form during Saturday's 4-1 win at West Bromwich Albion
- Mahrez says City have so much to play for on two fronts over the coming weeks
- Leicester welcome Chelsea to King Power Stadium in the Emirates FA Cup on Sunday
The Algerian international played a starring role during City’s 4-1 victory over West Bromwich Albion at the Hawthorns on Saturday afternoon, adding to both his goals and assist tallies.
With an Emirates FA Cup Quarter-Final against Chelsea at King Power Stadium on Sunday (4:30pm kick-off) and the chance to improve upon their eighth-place position in the Premier League, Mahrez is looking ahead to what promises to be a thrilling conclusion to the 2017/18 season for the Foxes.
Goals: West Bromwich Albion 1 Leicester City 4
Watch the goals from the Foxes' 4-1 victory against West Bromwich Albion in the Premier League...
“It could be [a successful end to the season] because we still have eight games to go, we can still finish seventh, maybe sixth, we never know,” he said on Saturday.
“We have the Quarter-Final of the FA Cup and it will be very important for us to keep going in this competition because it’s Europe as well. For the Club, that’s very good, so we will see next week.”
While the Foxes fell behind at West Brom, to Salomón Rondón’s early strike, Mahrez laid it on for Jamie Vardy to score a wonderful volley on the turn to level the scores.
“We conceded early and, after that, we had to play higher in their half and that’s what we did,” he added. “We scored and in the second half, we were better than them.
“After the second goal, it was difficult for them to come back. We know how difficult it is to be in this position, because we’ve been in this position three years ago.”
- Share via Facebook
- Share via Twitter
- Share via Email
- Share via Whatsapp
- Share via Facebook Messenger
- Copy link to clipboardUrl Copied to clipboard