- Tuesday saw Leicester City begin a week of productive end-of-season training
- The Foxes completed a first session out in Marbella in preparation for a crucial end to the campaign
- Double training in what will likely be more humid conditions follows on Wednesday
- Midfielder Matty James reflected to LCFC TV following a first day in southern Spain
Based in the thriving city of Marbella, the Club’s stars will adhere to a well-structured programme that includes several slots of intense training, gym work and recovery time.
Riyad Mahrez, Shinji Okazaki and Yohan Benalouane teamed up during the football tennis tournament on Tuesday.
Greeted by temperatures of 18 degrees Celsius and 80 per cent humidity, day one of four saw Claude Puel’s men enjoy a short bike ride to training, before a competitive session was rounded off by a football tennis tournament.
Discussing his side's first day in Marbella, midfielder Matty James said: “We’re going to have one last push towards the end of the season like the gaffer has said.
The central defender races away after Ben Hamer wins a crucial point in football tennis.
“I think it’s just going to be nice to be together with the lads in a different environment. Like I say, it’s a nice area and hopefully we’ll have a good week.”
An evening of downtime follows, as the Foxes get some much-needed rest ahead of Wednesday’s double session.
- Share via Facebook
- Share via Twitter
- Share via Email
- Share via Whatsapp
- Share via Facebook Messenger
- Copy link to clipboardUrl Copied to clipboard