- Hamza Choudhury speaks to LCFC TV after making his full Premier League debut on Saturday
- Despite an strong performance, the Foxes were defeated 2-1 by an in-form Burnley side at Turf Moor
- Academy graduate Choudhury describes playing for the first team as a 'dream come true'
- Thursday's visit of Southampton to Filbert Way is a chance to recovery quickly, says Choudhury
While the experience is one Choudhury will remember for the rest of his career, the result was ultimately a source of frustration for the former Burton Albion loanee.
Choudhury Disappointed By Burnley Defeat
Hamza Choudhury talks to LCFC TV after his first Premier League start ended in a 2-1 defeat to Burnley at Turf Moor...
“I thought we were positive after the two goals, but obviously it’s disappointing to come out and concede two goals in that manner in the first 10 minutes,” Choudhury said.
“But I thought we reacted really well and, if anything, we were very unlucky not to get anything out of it. Like I said, it’s just important to reflect and work towards the next game in the week.
“Even after their second goal went in, I thought we reacted really well and had a couple of headers at the back post… if we score them, we go on and win it, but that’s football.”
Goals: Burnley 2 Leicester City 1
Watch the goals from the Foxes 2-1 defeat to Burnley at Turf Moor in the Premier League...
On making his first senior start for the Club, Choudhury added: “I’m very proud, it’s a dream come true, but it’s disappointing to play so well and not get anything.
“I hoped to start in the week, but we found out the team on Friday and I was looking forward to it. A few nerves before kick-off, as expected but, as soon as I got out there, I really enjoyed it.
"Playing Southampton on Thursday is the best thing for us, an opportunity to bounce back. If we put in a good performance, hopefully we start kicking on and finish in the top half."
- Share via Facebook
- Share via Twitter
- Share via Email
- Share via Whatsapp
- Share via Facebook Messenger
- Copy link to clipboardUrl Copied to clipboard