- Six Leicester City players feature for their countries in the first round of group stage fixtures at the FIFA World Cup
- Wilfred Ndidi starts for Nigeria, while Ahmed Musa and Kelechi Iheanacho are second half substitutes
- Kasper Schmeichel makes his first start for Denmark in an international tournament, pulling off some fine saves to help secure a 1-0 win over Peru
- Harry Maguire sets up England’s late winner against Tunisia
- Shinji Okazaki comes off the bench to help Japan to a 2-1 victory over Colombia
The result means the Foxes goalkeeper has gone 534 minutes without conceding a goal for his country.
The 21-year-old, who missed Leicester’s final three Premier League matches after picking up a hamstring injury, managed a full game, while Ahmed Musa and Kelechi Iheanacho were second half substitutes.
Cristiano Ronaldo got a hat-trick, while Diego Costa netted twice for Spain and Nacho once.
Harry Maguire became the first Leicester City player to represent England at a World Cup since 1966, when he started against Tunisia on Monday night.
Japan were awarded a penalty after two minutes, while Colombia saw a player sent off.
Wednesday 20 June PORTUGAL vs. Morocco | Group B | Moscow | 1pm | Adrien Silva and Ricardo Pereira
Thursday 21 June DENMARK vs. Australia | Group C | Samara | 1pm | Kasper Schmeichel
Friday 22 June NIGERIA vs. Iceland | Group D | Volgograd | 4pm | Wilfred Ndidi, Kelechi Iheanacho and Ahmed Musa
Saturday 23 June Belgium vs. TUNISIA | Group G | Moscow | 1pm | Yohan Benalouane
Sunday 24 June ENGLAND vs. Panama | Group G | Nizhny Novgorod | 1pm | Jamie Vardy and Harry Maguire
JAPAN vs. Senegal | Group H |Yekaterinburg | 4pm | Shinji Okazaki
- Share via Facebook
- Share via Twitter
- Share via Email
- Share via Whatsapp
- Share via Facebook Messenger
คัดลอก URL ลงคลิปบอร์ด
URL copied to clipboard