- Adrien Silva becomes the seventh Leicester City player to feature at the FIFA World Cup
- Portugal ran out as 1-0 victors in Moscow, putting them top of Group B for now
- Silva came off the bench for the European champions in the 89th minute
- Defender Ricardo Pereira was an unused substitute for the encounter at Luzhniki Stadium
Following their breathless 3-3 draw with Spain on Friday, the European champions needed a victory to improve their chances of progression to the Round of 16.
Cristiano Ronaldo, who scored a hat-trick against Spain, headed his nation in front in just the fourth minute at Luzhniki Stadium, which was ultimately enough for the three points.
As Morocco pushed for a dramatic equaliser, Fernando Santos looked to Silva, 29, handing the City midfielder with his 24th cap for his country in Moscow.
That means that City have now had seven different players appear in Russia, one more than had ever represented the Club in previous tournaments before this summer.
Portugal currently occupy top spot in Group B, with four points, ahead of Spain's clash with Iran at Kazan Arena on Wednesday evening (7pm BST kick-off).
Ricardo Pereira, meanwhile, did not feature from the bench for Portugal, who face Iran in their final group stage fixture on Monday in Mordovia (7pm BST kick-off).
- Share via Facebook
- Share via X
- Share via Email
- Share via Whatsapp
- Share via Facebook Messenger
คัดลอก URL ลงคลิปบอร์ด
URL copied to clipboard