- Leicester City squad cycle through the French Alps on their fourth day of pre-season activity in France
- The 12-kilometre route is part of the Tour de France bike race
- The Club’s stars enjoyed an afternoon of downtime following the tough mountain ascent
The Foxes made their way through the Portes du Soleil ski area up a route that is found on the world-famous Tour de France bike race, scaling the winding roads and passing luxurious log cabins stationed in the dense forest along the way.
Cable cars stretching from the base of the mountain often carry cycling and winter sports enthusiasts over 2,000 metres to the Avoriaz ski resort, but the Club’s players and staff opted to complete the journey by bike.
Dwarfed by the French Alps that dominate the landscape – some still dusted in snow – City’s stars displayed immense teamwork to push each other along the Avoriaz pass, where at the top they were greeted by some incredible views.
Once completed, they dropped down into the valley and had lunch in the nearby village of Les Lindarets before making their way back to the hotel for some hard-earned downtime.
Claude Puel’s men will return to the training field on Friday – the final full day in the glorious lakeside town of Évian-les-Bains.
- Share via Facebook
- Share via Twitter
- Share via Email
- Share via Whatsapp
- Share via Facebook Messenger
- Copy link to clipboardUrl Copied to clipboard