George Thomas Heads To Scunthorpe United On Loan
- Midfielder George Thomas joins Scunthorpe United on loan for the season
- The Wales international joined the Foxes from Coventry City last summer
- The Iron start their season against the Sky Blues on Saturday
- Thomas enjoyed an impressive campaign with Leicester City’s Development Squad last term
The 21-year-old midfielder joined the Foxes from Coventry City in August 2017 and went on to enjoy an outstanding season as part of the Club’s Development Squad last term.
His contribution helped them achieve a third-place finish in Premier League 2 as well as earning himself a debut for the Wales national team against Mexico in May, after having represented them at Under-17, Under-19, Under-20 and Under-21 levels.
The Leicester-born Thomas came through the ranks at Coventry City and made his debut for the Sky Blues as a 16-year-old in January 2014. He continued to produce impressive performances, including at Wembley in the 2017 EFL Trophy Final, when he scored the winning goal against Oxford United.
He also took in a loan spell with Yeovil Town during the 2015/16 season and will now continue his progression with Scunthorpe United, who begin their League One season away at Thomas’ former club Coventry City on Saturday afternoon.
- Share via Facebook
- Share via X
- Share via Email
- Share via Whatsapp
- Share via Facebook Messenger
คัดลอก URL ลงคลิปบอร์ด
URL copied to clipboard