- Croatian youth international Filip Benković joins Celtic on a season-long loan
- The 21-year-old joined Leicester City from Dimano Zagreb this summer
- The 6ft 4ins defender made his first Leicester City appearance against Fleetwood on Tuesday night
- Benković could make his Celtic debut in Sunday’s Old Firm Derby against Rangers
The Croatian youth international, who made his City debut as a substitute in a 4-0 win over Fleetwood Town on Tuesday night, is regarded as an exciting talent following a string of impressive performances in Croatia.
He arrived at Leicester City after a successful 2017/18 campaign at Dinamo Zagreb in which he made 30 appearances for the Croatian side in all competitions, scoring four goals in a season that saw them clinch the league title.
The 6ft 4ins defender came through the Dinamo Zagreb academy and made his debut in July 2015. He won the league with the team the following season and has featured in three European campaigns – two in the UEFA Champions League.
He joins a Celtic side who sit second in the table after just three games and who are aiming to win their eighth consecutive league title. Benković could make his debut in Sunday’s Old Firm Derby against Rangers at Celtic Park.
- Share via Facebook
- Share via Twitter
- Share via Email
- Share via Whatsapp
- Share via Facebook Messenger
คัดลอก URL ลงคลิปบอร์ด
URL copied to clipboard