About The Company
Established in 1884, Leicester City Football Club is a leading Football Club, achieving outstanding success as Premier League champions in 2016. Leicester City Football Club’s Communications Department is now recruiting a Public Relations Executive to support the Club’s non-football work.
About The Role
Based at King Power Stadium, the key duties of this role include:
- To establish and maintain strong, professional relationships between the club and the local, regional, national and international media, particularly with relevant non-football media outlets.
- To broaden the Club’s PR reach through engaging new, targeted, specialist media outlets that can more effectively promote the Club’s good work in specified fields.
- To use the club's assets and talent, particularly its players, to generate positive coverage of the Club’s commercial, community and charitable activities, adding value to the Club’s relationships with partners and stakeholders.
- To work with relevant departments within the Club to identify and plan effective, creative PR opportunities that fit with the Club’s commercial, community and charitable goals.
- To assist in access delivery for external media, including at selected home and away First Team fixtures.
We are looking for a candidate ideally with the following skills and qualifications:
- At least two years of experience in a press office environment with experience of managing media contacts and proactive PR activation.
- Excellent people skills and an ability to build profitable, long-term relationships both with colleagues and members of the media.
- Excellent organisational skills and the agility to adapt to changing circumstances at short notice.
- Outstanding, creative and accurate copywriting skills and proof-reading experience.
- A full, clean driving licence.
- To adhere and communicate the Club’s brand values to stakeholders whenever the opportunity arises.
- A commitment to continuing professional development
Contract Type - Permanent
Hours Per Week – 37.5
Closing Date – 1 February, 2019
Leicester City Football Club is an equal opportunities employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Leicester City Football Club is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. As such, you may be subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure via the Disclosure & Barring Service and prior to taking up any role.
A shortlist of suitable applicants will be compiled shortly after the closing date and successful candidates will be contacted about the interview process.
If you feel you have the qualities and experience we are looking for please apply by completing the application form and returning along with a copy of your CV and a covering letter, by email to email@example.com.
- Share via Facebook
- Share via Twitter
- Share via Email
- Share via Whatsapp
- Share via Facebook Messenger
- Copy link to clipboardUrl Copied to clipboard