- Leicester City defender Cağlar Söyüncü earned his 20th cap for Turkey on Sunday evening
- Turkey were defeated 2-0 by Russia in the UEFA Nations League
- Up to six City players could play for their countries on Monday night
Söyüncü, 22, was in the heart of his country's defence in Sochi, but goals from Roman Neustädter and Denis Cheryshev handed the hosts victory.
This defeat leaves Turkey second in Group B2, with Söyüncü and his team-mates set to welcome Sweden to Konya on Saturday 17 November (5pm BST kick-off).
The authoritative defender was the only Leicester City star in action on Sunday, but Monday could see up to six Foxes players enjoy outings for their countries.
Jonny Evans, meanwhile, is in line for another appearance for Northern Ireland in their clash with Bosnia and Herzegovina in Sarajevo (7:45pm BST kick-off).
Youngsters Filip Benković (Croatia U21s) and Viktor Johansson (Sweden U20s), on the other hand, will also be hoping to feature on Monday evening.
- Share via Facebook
- Share via Twitter
- Share via Email
- Share via Whatsapp
- Share via Facebook Messenger
- Copy link to clipboardUrl Copied to clipboard