- Claude Puel has provided a fitness update on his squad ahead of their trip to Arsenal
- Leicester City face the Gunners at Emirates Stadium on Monday (8pm BST kick-off)
- Puel revealed that City's international stars have returned match fit
- Demarai Gray (ankle) and Matty James (Achilles) are progressing well, says Puel
- The Foxes boss says Çağlar Söyüncü is 'ready' to play when the time is right
The Foxes head to Emirates Stadium to tackle Unai Emery’s side, who are on a nine-game winning streak following their most recent 5-1 success at Fulham a fortnight ago.
Discussing the Club’s international contingent, Puel said: “We didn’t have any injury problems with the internationals.
Training Special: Arsenal
Watch the lads hard at work on Thursday morning ahead of the Foxes' trip to north London to face Arsenal at Emirates Stadium...
“Almost all of the international players have come back today for training.
Winger Demarai Gray, meanwhile, is recovering well from an ankle complaint, sustained during City’s Carabao Cup Third Round success at Wolverhampton Wanderers last month.
“Demarai has improved a lot in training sessions,” Puel added. “He will start more training sessions on Monday morning. He has made good work and it will be interesting.”
Midfielder Matty James (Achilles), yet to appear this season, is continuing to work hard towards enjoying a return to first team action, Puel says.
“We will see when he will be available,” he continued. “He has improved a lot in training and in the gym. He is happy about his progress. He has a smile and it’s a good feeling with him.
“I hope he can continue in this way but I don’t know when he will be available for us.”
Finally, Puel also revealed that defender Çağlar Söyüncü, 22, is ready to make his senior debut for the Club, but the Foxes boss says competition is fierce among his defensive ranks.
“He is a young player with good attributes and he has worked well in training.”
- Share via Facebook
- Share via Twitter
- Share via Email
- Share via Whatsapp
- Share via Facebook Messenger
Copy link to clipboard
Url Copied to clipboard