Leicester City Girls’ Tier 1 Regional Talent Club is seeking to recruit a Physiotherapist or Sports Therapist to join its medical team to provide physiotherapy services during training sessions and matches.
Candidates are required to be a HCPC registered Chartered Physiotherapist or Sports Therapist and hold a minimum of the FA Basic First Aid for Sport (BFAS)/FA Level 2 Emergency First Aid in Football (EFAiF) qualification along with indemnity insurance. Sports Therapists should have full membership of the Society of Sports Therapy. Candidates will be required to commit to a flexible rota covering a Saturday fixture schedule and evening training sessions.
About The Role
Key responsibilitiesof this role include:
- To provide first class assessment, effective treatment and rehabilitation to all injured players at the club
- To ensure the management of injuries effectively meets the commitment and duty of care of the RTC towards the players
- To liaise with external medics where necessary to ensure the correct assessment and management of all injuries
- To lead preventative rehabilitation strategies in close liaison with the RTC coaching staff
- To monitor the load of players in close collaboration with the coaching and performance staff in an attempt to reduce injury risk
- To ensure optimisation of fitness for all fit players through provision of corrective exercise sessions and pre training routines
- Audit the effect of all injury prevention strategies
- To provide physiotherapy support to the teams at both home fixtures and away fixtures
- To organise and implement the medical provision for all training sessions
- To ensure all medical equipment and procedures are regularly reviewed and maintained
About The Person
The successful candidate must demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Chartered Physiotherapist or Sports Therapist with HCPC registration
- Experience of providing injury management services in team setting
- Applied knowledge of contemporary practice in physiotherapy & rehabilitation
- Proficient physiotherapy, rehabilitation delivery and planning skills
- Full clean driving licence
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with internal and external stakeholders
- Experience in professional/elite football environment
- Previous experience of working within a youth sport environment
The successful candidates will also be required to undergo a comprehensive screening process that will include an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Contract type – Casual
Location – Leicester plus matches
Leicester City Football Club is an equal opportunities employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Leicester City Football Club is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. As such, you may be subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure via the Disclosure & Barring Service and prior to taking up any role.
A shortlist of suitable applicants will be compiled shortly after the closing date and successful candidates will be contacted about the interview process.
If you have the required qualifications and experience we are looking for please apply by sending your CV along with a covering letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Share via Facebook
- Share via Twitter
- Share via Email
- Share via Whatsapp
- Share via Facebook Messenger
- Copy link to clipboardUrl Copied to clipboard