- Wes Morgan reflected on Leicester City’s 2-1 defeat to Newport County in the Emirates FA Cup Third Round
- Goals from Jamille Matt and Padraig Amond sealed the win for the League 2 outfit
- Rachid Ghezzal scored a fine goal, but it wasn’t enough for City
Jamille Matt opened the scoring at Rodney Parade on Sunday, before Rachid Ghezzal levelled matters with a brilliant strike eight minutes from time.
“It was a difficult day,” the captain said. “The magic of the FA Cup happened today, definitely.
“I thought we played well, especially the second half. We had loads of half chances in very good positions where we should score.
“On another day they all go in, but today it didn’t happen for us. I don’t want to take the shine away from Newport, it’s a big day for them.
“I wouldn’t say they deserved it, but they battled to the end. Good luck to them.”
Thanks go to the fans for travelling down and showing their support. We just couldn’t find the goals we needed today.Wes Morgan
Over 1,000 members of the Blue Army made their way to South Wales on Sunday, and Morgan showed his appreciation at the full-time whistle.
“We’re very disappointed to go out,” Morgan added. “Thanks go to the fans for travelling down and showing their support.
“We just couldn’t find the goals we needed today.”
- Share via Facebook
- Share via Twitter
- Share via Email
- Share via Whatsapp
- Share via Facebook Messenger
- Copy link to clipboardUrl Copied to clipboard