- Claude Puel previews Leicester City's clash with Southampton on Saturday (3pm GMT kick-off)
- The Foxes could secure a fourth win in five Premier League games
- Puel expects the Saints to be a different side to the one City faced earlier this season
- Ralph Hasenhüttl’s appointment at St. Mary's Stadium has had a positive impact, the City boss believes
While the Saints remain in 18th-place in the Premier League standings, Ralph Hasenhüttl’s arrival at St. Mary’s Stadium has led to a series of impressive results.
The South Coast outfit defeated Arsenal last month and held Chelsea to a goalless draw at Stamford Bridge last time out in the top flight.
Training Special: Southampton
The lads were put through their paces at Belvoir Drive as preparations continue for Saturday's Premier League game against the Saints.
Discussing the impact made by Hasenhüttl, Puel said: “I see a team with good organisation in their most recent games.
“They made a good result against Arsenal, Chelsea away, and Fulham [in the Emirates FA Cup], and I think they have a good aggressiveness and a good organisation.”
Puel expects Saturday’s encounter to be tough for his hosts on Filbert Way, largely because of the increased performance levels under former RB Leipzig manager Hasenhüttl’s guidance.
It will be a tough game, they are in form, and in this moment they have a good mentality and they make a good performance.Claude Puel
“It will be a tough game because it’s a team with a good mentality and they defend very well while they have good players who are comfortable with the ball.
“In every recovery, they try to make a good first touch, a good move, a good quality in their play.
“It will be a tough game, they are in form, and in this moment they have a good mentality and they make a good performance.”
- Share via Facebook
- Share via Twitter
- Share via Email
- Share via Whatsapp
- Share via Facebook Messenger
- Copy link to clipboardUrl Copied to clipboard