- Claude Puel's fitness update includes news of Harry Maguire's recovery from a leg complaint
- The England defender was substituted in a 4-3 defeat by Wolves this month
- Puel says Maguire is ready to return for Wednesday's clash with Liverpool at Anfield
- Just Daniel Amartey (ankle) is injured for the visit to Merseyside this week
The Foxes head to Anfield to tackle Jürgen Klopp's leaders following a narrow defeat by Wolverhampton Wanderers last time out - a match in which Maguire (leg) was substituted.
However, with over a week of recovery work at Belvoir Drive, Puel has confirmed that the England centre-back is once again fit and in contention to start in Merseyside.
Aside from Daniel Amartey, meanwhile, who is still recovering from an ankle problem, the Frenchman says that City have no other injury concerns.
"Harry is match fit," Puel told the national media on Monday. "He will be present. No other injuries, just Amartey continues his improvement. He is in a good way."
Despite the disappointment of exiting the Emirates FA Cup, it did afford the Club's players with an opportunity to recover from a busy fixture schedule over Christmas and New Year.
Puel added: "It was a possibility to rest and to change our ideas, to come back to training with intensity, quality and focus in training.
"It’s a good thing for these players, for the team, but we need to move on, to look forward, and now we have a fantastic challenge in these games."
- Share via Facebook
- Share via Twitter
- Share via Email
- Share via Whatsapp
- Share via Facebook Messenger
คัดลอก URL ลงคลิปบอร์ด
URL copied to clipboard