- Ben Chilwell and James Maddison are doubts for Crystal Palace's visit to King Power Stadium
- Puel said their potential absence will be an 'opportunity' for other players to impress
- Papy Mendy is available for selection after missing out against Tottenham with a groin injury
- Leicester City entertain the Eagles on Filbert Way on Saturday (5:30pm GMT kick-off)
Left-back Chilwell and midfielder Maddison have been monitored by the Club’s medical staff at Belvoir Drive this week and a decision will be made on Friday, the City manager said.
Chilwell has played 25 times in all competitions for the Foxes this season, while Maddison - a summer signing from Norwich City - has played 26 times in total.
Speaking to the media on Thursday, Puel confirmed: “With have an issue with Chilwell and Maddison and we will make a point in tomorrow’s training session. It’s not serious but we will see tomorrow.”
I have seen a lot of improvement from my players and we need to continue in this way with the support of our fans, because we want to finish as high as possible in the table.Claude Puel
Puel said of the Frenchman: "He is available. He came back into the training session this week."
City welcome Palace to Filbert Way on Saturday following a run of encouraging performances, but disappointing results, against sides at the top of the Premier League.
However, Puel believes that successive home fixtures against Palace and Brighton & Hove Albion over the space of just four days presents City with a chance to gather momentum.
“Of course, we need to join the performances with the right results,” he added. “We need points, it’s normal. We have to gain some momentum and it will be important to find a win.
“I have seen a lot of improvement from my players and we need to continue in this way with the support of our fans, because we want to finish as high as possible in the table.”
- Share via Facebook
- Share via Twitter
- Share via Email
- Share via Whatsapp
- Share via Facebook Messenger
- Copy link to clipboardUrl Copied to clipboard