- Brendan Rodgers confirms that Leicester City striker Jamie Vardy has recovered from a collision in last Sunday's fixture at Watford
- The Foxes forward made contact with Hornets goalkeeper Ben Foster while contesting an aerial challenge at Vicarage Road
- Rodgers says Vardy required stitches in his tongue, but is ready to play again on Saturday
- City welcome Fulham to King Power Stadium in the Premier League (3pm GMT kick-off)
The 32-year-old, City’s all-time top Premier League goalscorer, played on after a first half collision with Watford’s Ben Foster last weekend, but was later substituted in Hertfordshire.
Following four days of recovery at the Club’s Belvoir Drive training complex, Rodgers confirmed that Vardy has been working well in training and will be available on Saturday afternoon.
“He’s fine, he took a bad knock, he needed a couple of stitches in his tongue, which was part of the collision,” the Foxes manager confirmed, speaking at King Power Stadium.
I’ve found a bunch of players that want to get better and improve. Training is intense, they’ve coped with it well and they’re only going to get better.Brendan Rodgers
“He’s trained very well and, although we’ve got over 24 hours to go, he’ll be fine for the weekend. It hasn’t stopped him talking, mind!”
Discussing his first full week of training at the Club, Rodgers also expressed his pleasure after seeing the squad begin to apply his methods at Belvoir Drive.
“I’ve been really enthused by working with them,” he added. “They really care. When I came here, I was asked lots of questions about them.
“I’ve found a bunch of players that want to get better and improve. Training is intense, they’ve coped with it well and they’re only going to get better.
“We work on the process every day and the players have been absolutely fantastic with their focus and their willingness to learn.
“We want to help and improve them and see where we’re at by the end of the season.”
- Share via Facebook
- Share via Twitter
- Share via Email
- Share via Whatsapp
- Share via Facebook Messenger
Copy link to clipboard
Url Copied to clipboard