- Leicester City welcome Newcastle United to King Power Stadium on Friday (8pm BST kick-off)
- Brendan Rodgers confirmed Jonny Evans has trained after suffering a hip injury last week
- The Foxes manager also provided updates on Daniel Amartey (ankle) and Marc Albrighton (hamstring)
- Jamie Vardy (groin) is 'fine' after being taken off at Huddersfield as a precaution, says Rodgers
The Foxes, seventh in the Premier League, are set to entertain Newcastle United at King Power Stadium on Friday night, with a chance to open up a three-point gap over Wolverhampton Wanderers.
On the back of four successive Premier League victories, Rodgers has been delighted with the application of his squad, who have scored 12 goals in five matches, conceding just five times.
Turkey’s Çağlar Söyüncü deputised in their absence, impressing at John Smith’s Stadium, and Rodgers says that both Evans and Maguire are back in full first team training at Belvoir Drive.
“Harry is back in the squad and Evans has trained with the squad this week,” he said, addressing the national media on Filbert Way on Wednesday afternoon.
He added: “Daniel is obviously with the medical and sports science team so we’ll see how that goes between now and the end of the season.
“Marc has been training as well over the last week or so, so that’s very, very good.”
Huddersfield Town 1 Leicester City 4
Watch extended highlights as Leicester City secured a 4-1 victory against Huddersfield Town at the John Smith's Stadium on Saturday.
Meanwhile, Jamie Vardy, the Club’s all-time top Premier League goalscorer, is also expected to be fit for the clash with Rafa Benítez’s men, after being replaced late on in west Yorkshire.
“He’s absolutely fine,” the 46-year-old added. “He felt a slight niggle in his groin at the end of the game.
"Rather than risk it we took him off, but he’s fine and as sharp as normal. He’ll be fine for Friday.”
- Share via Facebook
- Share via Twitter
- Share via Email
- Share via Whatsapp
- Share via Facebook Messenger
- Copy link to clipboardUrl Copied to clipboard