Leicester City Appoint Lee Congerton As Head Of Senior Recruitment
- Lee Congerton confirmed as Leicester City’s new Head of Senior Recruitment
- The 45-year-old joins the Foxes after a successful spell in the same role at Celtic
- Congerton has previously worked with Chelsea, Hamburg, Liverpool, Sunderland and Wrexham
- He worked with current City manager Brendan Rodgers at Celtic and Chelsea
The vastly-experienced 45-year-old joins the Foxes following a highly-successful two-year spell with Scottish champions Celtic, where he worked alongside current Leicester City manager Brendan Rodgers.
Congerton’s impressive background has seen him fulfil key roles for Hamburg, Sunderland and Chelsea – during which time he was credited with identification of a host of exciting talent.
The former Crewe Alexandra player moved into coaching after his playing career was hit by injury, eventually taking up a position as Youth System Director at Wrexham, before joining the coaching setups at Liverpool and then Chelsea.
It was while working in Chelsea’s Academy that Congerton’s talents were recognised with a promotion to Chief Scout at a time when current City boss Rodgers was also working as a coach at Stamford Bridge.
In 2011, Congerton moved to Germany as Hamburg’s Technical Director before heading to Sunderland as Sporting Director three years later.
Congerton’s reputation in the game continued to grow as he was appointed as Head of Recruitment by Celtic in 2017 – where his work would help the Scottish champions achieve an unprecedented amount of domestic success.
- Share via Facebook
- Share via Twitter
- Share via Email
- Share via Whatsapp
- Share via Facebook Messenger
- Copy link to clipboardUrl Copied to clipboard