- Wilfred Ndidi helped Nigeria seal third place at the Africa Cup of Nations on Wednesday
- The Super Eagles overcame Tunisia in the third-place play-off in Cairo
- Ndidi has played all but one half, against Madagascar, for his country at AFCON
- Islam Slimani could feature for Algeria in Friday's final against Senegal (8pm BST kick-off)
The Foxes midfielder completed another 90 minutes for the Super Eagles in the capital on Wednesday night as Gernot Rohr's men concluded their AFCON journey on a high note.
Former Watford striker Odion Ighalo, now with Chinese club Shanghai Greenland Shenhua, netted his fifth goal in seven appearances early on to send Nigeria on their way to victory.
Meanwhile, former Fox Ahmed Musa, who became the first Leicester City player to score at a World Cup finals last summer, also appeared for Nigeria during the fixture.
The 31-year-old striker, who spent last season on loan at Fenerbahçe, has scored one goal in normal time and another in a penalty shootout for the Desert Foxes this summer.
- Share via Facebook
- Share via Twitter
- Share via Email
- Share via Whatsapp
- Share via Facebook Messenger
Copy link to clipboard
Url Copied to clipboard